The “Just Buzzing Through” Quilt Along is about to begin and I can’t wait to get started!
Making this fun design is like eating potato chips. Once you try one, you want to eat more and more! And, just like the flavors of potato chips, the design possibilities for this quilt are endless!
Perhaps you have a child or a grandchild who will be going off to college in the fall. A “Just Buzzing Through” throw-size quilt in their school colors would make a perfect gift!
You can quilt right along with us, or start your quilt at any time along the way. The weekly Quilt Along posts will remain on my website so that you can work at your own pace. Join the Lookout Mountain Quilter Facebook group, share photos of your progress and see what others are making.
Are you ready to get going? Here’s the schedule.
- Week One – May 10 Getting Started – Gather Your Supplies
- Week Two – May 17 Cutting
- Week Three – May 24 Piecing the Units
- Week Four – May 31 Assemble the Blocks (I have a surprise planned for this week!)
- Week Five – June 7 Assemble the Quilt Top
- Week Six – June 14 Basting and Machine Quilting (I’ll show you exactly how I quilted this on my domestic sewing machine. If you’ve been hesitant to try it, this is a great quilt for your first machine quilting project!)
- Week Seven – June 21 Binding Your Quilt
I look forward to quilting along with you!
Today is a good day to join this Quilt Along!